Winning the Workplace Challenge
Date(s): Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, April 26th, 2017: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: Siouxland Libraries - Downtown Branch, 200 North Dakota Avenue
Winning the Workplace Challenge is a free relationship-building skills workshop for the workplace. The aim is to remind participants that having successful, safe and productive professional relationships requires intentional effort. The skills and knowledge in this workshop can help you reduce workplace conflict, improve your communication style and impress those who really matter. What to expect:
- Replacing negative communication patterns with proactive strategies for respectful listening and talking.
- Understanding your personality and how it impacts your relationships and communication style.
- Understanding and exploring your own hidden issues, so that you can manage emotional responses more effectively.
- Making important decisions about how you can improve your professional relationships.
- Learning an effective method for communication – “The Speaker Listener Technique.”
Wednesdays, April 12 - May 10; 3:30 - 5:00p.m.
Held at the Downtown Library - 200 N Dakota Ave.
MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND
Call 605-334-1414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for classes.
Volunteers of America, Dakotas’ Relationship University is a comprehensive program for building relationships, resilient marriages and strong families through skill-based education. Relationship University offers FREE classes for parents, couples, singles, veteran singles and couples, criminal justice involved, at-risk youth and workplaces.