Job Opening: Events Manager
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Downtown Sioux Falls, Inc. (DTSF) is seeking a full-time Events Manager to lead the coordination event planning and promotions including: operations, logistics, budgets and promotional support. DTSF supports downtown events year-round and has been producing downtown signature events in excess of twenty years.
The Events Manager will be responsible for the implementation of a variety of special events that play a critical role in promoting downtown Sioux Falls as a vibrant location for businesses, an exciting destination for arts, culture and entertainment, and a premier destination in which to live and visit. Production of all DTSF events includes:planning, onsite management, contract negotiations and management, vendor solicitation, permit procurement, and volunteer recruitment and management. This position will participate in key decisions and strategy development as it relates to all aspects of the organization including: board, city staff & parks department and member relations, strategic plan development, work plan, and external communications.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of event management, public safety, permitting, sponsorships, and fundraising is desirable
- Social Media and Media Relations
- Highly organized and extremely attentive to detail
- Must be a collaborative team player who is proactive with great initiative
- Proficient with MS Office Products, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to recruit, manage, and supervise volunteers
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, with prioritization and timely follow through
Experience & Education
3-5 years event management experience.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefit package including health insurance, 401k and paid time off.
Open until filled.
First review of applications will start March 6th.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.