Looking for any and all artists, artisans, makers, growers, producers, jewelers and more!
Block Party Marketplace Vendor Fees:
Regular: $50 for a 10’ x 10’ Space
Non-Profit: $40 for a 10′ x 10′ Space
Vendor Clean up Deposit – separate $50 check *
*Deposit amount refundable if no labor or cleaning services are needed for your area afterwards. Deposit will be kept if you fail to show up to the event.
Each Block Party will run from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m and is held in the 8th & Railroad Center parking lot. Estimated attendance is 2,000 – 3,000. Limited seating will be available for attendees and entertainment will consist of live musical performances. Vendors must be completely set up and ready for business by 4:30 p.m., and begin tear down promptly at 10:00 p.m. Arrival and set up begins between 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. the afternoon of the event.
Vendor Selection Process
DTSF members will receive first consideration to obtain a vendor booth. Once those are chosen, we will select outside vendors based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and attractiveness of product
- Reasonable prices/good product value to customers
- Opportunity for new vendors/variety
- Past Participation – any past working experience between DTSF and vendor must be positive. Was vendor:
- Courteous to DTSF staff and customers?
- Adherence to rules?
- Adherent to offering products stated in application?
- Attractive, clean setup
- Timeliness of complete application submission
Quality of Presentation/Equipment, Fire & Cleaning Regulations
- All vendors must have a professional presentation, and will be responsible for supplying own canopy, tables, equipment, garbage receptacle and whatever else is necessary for the successful booth operation. Signage and banners need to be clean and professional looking.
- All vendors will be located on pavement. Please come prepared with canopy weights.
- All vendors must dispose of their trash and recyclables properly.
- A separate cleaning deposit check is required, but will only be cashed if additional labor or cleaning services are needed to clean your area afterwards OR if you do not show up to the event. If not cashed, this check will be returned after the event.
- No plastic bags – vendors will not be allowed to hand out products in plastic bags. Paper or reusable bags are acceptable.
- No Styrofoam – vendors will not be allowed to use or hand out items in Styrofoam.
- We will do our best to provide a power source to vendors who have specifically requested electrical.
- Vendors must supply their own heavy-duty extension cords and indicate on the application how much power is needed. We will do our best to accommodate and inform you if we can’t.
- DTSF will have an electrician (pending availability) on site to assist with hook-up.
Vendors must have liability insurance for this event. At time of application, we ask that you submit a copy of your General Liability Insurance Policy listing Downtown Sioux Falls, Inc. as additionally insured. No one will be allowed to vend at the Downtown Block Party on the Eastbank without proof of liability. If you have already submitted this to DTSF for a previous 2020 event and it is valid through at least September 4, 2020, you do not need to submit it again.
Sales Tax Information
South Dakota Sales Tax License: No charge to obtain a license through the SD Dept. of Revenue
Contact Information: Carole Mathieu
South Dakota Department of Revenue
300 S Sycamore Ave, Ste 102
Sioux Falls, SD 57110
- All vendors are required to pay taxes on sales of products sold. Applicable tax rates at this event include:
- State Sales Tax = 4.5%
- Sioux Falls Municipal Sales Tax = 2%
- Tourism Tax = 1.5%
- MGR Tax on Sale of Food & Beverage = 1%
- The names of registered event vendors will be submitted to the South Dakota Department of Revenue. Each vendor will be responsible for submitting the appropriate tax, if any. An event return will be provided to all vendors to complete. If you have a permanent SD sales tax license, complete name/address portion including your license number and return to the Department of Revenue. Pay your sales tax due on your regular license return. If you do not have a permanent SD sales tax license number, complete the form and return it with your tax due to the Department of Revenue. Please contact the Dept of Revenue at the address above to verify rates and for more information.
Contact Sarah Lovre at email@example.com or 605-338-4009