The Marketing Assistant for Downtown Sioux Falls, Inc. (DTSF) implements tactics that support the overall marketing strategy used to promote downtown as a vibrant and exciting place to experience. The Marketing Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to ensure timely creation, production, and delivery of marketing collateral; maintain DTSF’s website; and assist the Vice President with executing the overall marketing strategy. Must be skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and WordPress. The Marketing Assistant must be able to effectively communicate, be well organized, self-motivated, a team player, and passionate about downtown. This position reports to the Vice President. This is a full-time contracted position through December 31, 2018.
- Design, produce, and distribute marketing materials for DTSF programs (events, promotions, etc.)
- Coordinate with staff, members, sponsors, printers, and marketing organizations and professionals (e.g. Sioux Falls CVB)
- Update website content regularly.
- Follow DTSF brand standards
- Attend membership meetings, Marketing Committee meetings, and Promotions Committee meetings.
- Communications support: answer incoming calls, emails, and social media communications.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and
- Hustle in a fast, demanding work environment
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Able to work under limited supervision
- Able to occasionally work events with long, irregular hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Subject to pass an acceptable background check.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college in Graphic Design, Marketing, or closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in Graphic Design, Marketing, or closely related industry.
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Mailchimp, NeonCRM, and/or Basecamp is a plus.
- Google certification desired but not required.
- $14.00 to $15.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- IRA employee match program
- Responsibility and autonomy
- Make a name for yourself by being a core team member on projects with high visibility across the community!
Submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Marketing Assistant,” followed by your last name. Include a personal message and PDFs of your résumé (with references) and your portfolio. You may submit an online portfolio if you prefer. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.