If you are passionate about building and growing relationships, and are interested in the continual improvement of downtown, we have the perfect job for you. DTSF is seeking a Membership & Development Coordinator to join our tight-knit team and help grow the downtown community.
The Membership & Development Coordinator is responsible for retaining and growing DTSF’s membership base and securing sponsors for DTSF events.
The ideal candidate is out-going and a self-starter; has sales or development experience; is results oriented; possesses excellent customer service and communication skills; and has a track record of establishing and growing relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Must be able to demonstrate alignment with DTSF’s core values: building community, embracing diversity, having integrity, and inspiring passion for downtown Sioux Falls.
Full time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Required to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays. Reports to the DTSF President.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an annual plan to engage members and new businesses:
- Conduct member outreach efforts,
- Prospect new members,
- Coordinate the Membership Outreach Committee,
- Coordinate monthly membership meetings and mixers,
- Coordinate business seminars and webinars,
- Draft member newsletters,
- Assist with maintaining DTSF’s member database (NeonCRM),
- Provide monthly metrics for membership and sponsorships.
- Develop and implement an annual plan to acquire sponsors for events and promotions:
- Prospect and negotiate sponsorships for cash and trade,
- Draft contracts for the President to review,
- Oversee fulfillment of the sponsorship.
- Assist with events Block Parties, Riverfest, Parade of Lights, and other events as needed. May require heavy lifting, exposure to seasonal weather conditions, and prolonged standing.
- 4 years of development or sales preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- $32,000 – $40,000/yr. base, plus commission based on performance
- Available benefits: health, vision, dental, and retirement.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.