Do you want more than just another job? Do you want to work for a dynamic organization that makes Sioux Falls a fun place to live? Do you have the chops to pull off a phenomenal event? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
DTSF is hiring an Event Coordinator who will plan, organize, and execute DTSF’s events and promotions. A successful Event Coordinator is detail oriented, forward thinking, well organized, an excellent communicator, delivers results, and can establish and maintain relationships with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders and civic partners. Quality work, excellent customer service, and cost-effective management of resources is a must. The Event Coordinator participates in key decisions and developing strategies relating to various aspects of the organization.
Must be able to demonstrate a track record for fostering community collaboration, inclusivity, and achieving results through intentional action.
Full time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Requires working several evenings, weekends, and holidays. Reports to the DTSF President.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and implement public events that foster a positive image for downtown—Downtown Block Parties, Riverfest, Parade of Lights, etc.:
- Coordinate various meetings with committees, the Board, members, and staff.
- Seek talent and negotiate contracts for event entertainment.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise summer interns who assist with events.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers.
- Coordinate and implement promotional events that drive foot traffic to member businesses—Art & Wine Walk, Burger Battle, etc.:
- Coordinate with participating businesses and with DTSF staff for the successful implementation of each promotional event.
- Record metrics, track success, and maintain files of promotional efforts.
- Plan and coordinate the DTSF Annual Meeting and other member events as needed, like member meetings, socials, professional development seminars, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of event planning experience.
- College degree highly preferred.
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
- A positive attitude, growth mindset, flexibility, and team mentality.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally grow.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- $36,000 – $42,000/yr depending on experience.
- Available benefits: health, vision, dental, and retirement.
- Submit a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to email@example.com by December 31, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled as early as December 20.