No more hearing “There’s nothing to do!” Whether you’re planning a date, a family trip, or a night out with friends, downtown has everything you need for your next dose of fun! We’ve gathered this week’s downtown events to help you enjoy all the energy and excitement downtown has to offer. All you have to do is choose which one you’ll attend!
Events for this week (updated mid-week):
Friday, August 6
- August First Friday shopping deals, live music, food & drink specials, and more! Lauribelle’s boutique is doing 20% off one regular price item, PRIMP boutique 5th birthday celebration store discounts, Rehfeld’s Art & Framing 6pm-8pm, Washington Pavilion free first Friday admission 5pm-8pm.
- 8th Street Bridge Inaugural Lighting Ceremony 8:30pm. The City of Sioux Falls invites you to a brief ceremony commemorating the inaugural lighting of the 8th Street Bridge arches.
- August Eastbank Block Party presented by SD Pork Producers Council 5:30pm-11:00pm. Block party events provide a casual atmosphere that is family-friendly and fun for all ages. Feel free to bring your own lawn chair. Kick back and enjoy the sounds of local and regional acts performing each evening with great food truck fare, yard games, and vendors.
- Music: Two White Squares, Nathan Barrow, and Guilty Pleasures Orchestra
- Food Trucks: Backyard BBQ, Breaking Burrito, Hunny & Bunny, Ollies, and SDSU Ice Cream
Saturday, August 7
- Falls Park Farmer’s Market! Come get your weekly supply of fresh flowers, vegetables, meat, and baked goods. Sip a cup of coffee, enjoy a burger, share a pizza. The market offers delicious food, healthy plants, natural soaps, surrounded by beautiful scenery. 8am-1pm.
- Wish You Were Here/Dogs of War Artist Reception 5-8pm at Washington Pavilion. Wish You Were Here reveals the reality of tourist interactions in roadside attractions rather than the typical picturesque postcards. The images highlight aspects of truth within the idyll, including concealed histories, tourist engagement, surrounding infrastructure and pastoral nature. Meet the artists!
- Superior Siren – Levitt at the Falls 6pm at Levitt Shell. Free outdoor music. The music is inspired by Lake Superior and Siren mythology, and combines alluring vocals with a mesmerizing blend of strings and percussion.
- Moonlight Movies – Black Panther (2018) approx 9pm at Fawick Park. Bring your favorite blanket or chair, and enjoy popcorn, candy, soda, and water available for purchase on site.
- Downtown Trolley started last week! This is a hop-on, hop-off historic tour of downtown Sioux Falls and offers a unique experience for the whole family to enjoy. Riders can hop on or off at any trolley stop to take a break and enjoy all downtown has to discover! $2 per adult and 12 & under free.
- Friday – Saturday: 11:00am – 8:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm