No more hearing “There’s nothing to do!” Whether you’re planning a date, a family trip, or a night out with friends, downtown has everything you need for your next dose of fun! We’ve gathered this week’s downtown events to help you enjoy all the energy and excitement downtown has to offer. All you have to do is choose which one you’ll attend!
Events for this week (updated mid-week):
Friday, May 14
- New artwork for SculptureWalk this weekend! Over sixty new sculptures, this is the 18th year!
- Food Truck + Live Music: Boss Dogg Kitchen + Music by Hi Moon at Severance Brewing Co. 5pm-9pm.
- The Fantasticks Washington Pavilion 7:30PM. This spring, the Good Night Theatre Collective is taking things safely outside for a novel rendition of a true-blue Broadway classic.
Saturday, May 15
- Falls Park Farmer’s Market! Come get your weekly supply of fresh flowers, vegetables, meat, and baked goods. Sip a cup of coffee, enjoy a burger, share a pizza. The market offers delicious food, healthy plants, natural soaps, surrounded by beautiful scenery. 8am-1pm.
- Storyland: A Trip Through Childhood Favorites™ until the end of May 10am-5pm at the Washington Pavilion. Enjoy an interactive journey into your favorite books in our new temporary exhibition Storyland: A Trip Through Childhood Favorites. “The Tale of Peter Rabbit” , “The Snowy Day” by Ezra Jack Keats: Visit a wintry world in “The Snowy Day” and enjoy activities centered on print and sound awareness., and “Where’s Spot?”. In English and Spanish. Included in museum admission and free for washington pavilion members.
- Beer and Poetry Open Mic Night Full Circle Book Co-op 8pm-11pm. Bring your original works, your favorite published poems, or just come along to listen and enjoy. Free event with suggest donation and open to all ages.
- Movies at the State Theatre: The Graduate (PG), Ikiru (NR), Saturday Night Fever (R) Purchase tickets online at siouxfallsstatetheatre.org
- National Police Week and Armed Forces Day this Saturday. Thank all of our brave people in these positions.