It’s never too early to start planning for a very special day celebrating all kinds of love and we want to help you with yours! Whether your celebration involves a significant other, a group of best friends, the kids, or yourself; here are 13 reasons to spend your Valentine’s Day in downtown Sioux Falls.
Many of these Valentine’s Day deals and events occur throughout the week of Valentine’s Day. Enjoy free downtown parking after 5:00pm and weekends.
1. Experience the classic romantic dinner date with your sweetheart. (Please call ahead to make reservations!)
- Parker’s Bistro Valentine’s Day Menu
- Eat at one of the most romantic restaurants in the country, Minervas!
- Impress your Valentine with a 5 course prix fixe meal at ODE To Food and Drinks
- Valentine’s Wine Dinner at Falls Overlook Cafe
2. Bundle up for an outdoor concert and shopping at Jones421
3. Valentines Day presents. Need we say more?
- Young & Richards Flowers Valentine’s Flowers
- Bella Rosa Flower Delivery Special
- Spa 2000 Couples Massages
- CH Patisserie French Macarons
- The Cookie Jar Cookie Challenge
4. Let your inner artist shine
- Valentine’s Day Roses and Lattes Painting at La Luna Cafe
- Art Connection A Couple’s Class at Rehfeld’s Art & Framing
- Bronze Bling Prints Workshop at BronzeAge Art Casting
5. Attend the theater
- Lend Me A Tenor Dinner Theater at the Sioux Falls Orpheum Theater with the Sioux Falls Community Theater
- A Bronx Tale: The Musical at the Washington Pavilion
6. Dance the night away
- Johnny Holm Valentine Bash at the El Riad Shrine
- El Riad Shrine Sweethearts Dance
- Icon Event Lounge La Rumba Valentines Day
7. There’s plenty of live music
- Valentine’s Day Live Music with Green & Snow at R Wine Bar
- Boston Steve Valentine’s Day Concert at Books n Brewz Pizzeria
- R Wine Bar February 15 Live Music with Jeremy Hegg Trio
- Luke Olson Live Music at Paramount Cocktail & Food
8. You can let the bubbly flow
9. Celebrate the day of love with the kids
- Valentine’s LEGO Pop-Up Event by Stacked at R Wine Bar
- Craft Night at Museum of Visual Materials
- Valentines Day Party for Kids at Museum of Visual Materials
10. There’s plenty of places for a special “Stay-cation”
- Hotel on Phillips Valentine’s Day champagne, chocolate, and turn down service specials.
- More hotels for your “Stay-cation” in downtown.
11. Learn a new cooking skill
12. Surprise your loved one with a Singing or Candy Gram while supporting a local non-profit
13. Doing the day solo or not a fan of the holiday? Downtown is still the place for you!
- Veauxdevel Cabaret Drag Show at Full Circle Book Co-op
- Severance Brewing Company Valentine’s Day Stoplight Party
- The Tournament of Loneliness at Icon Event Hall + Lounge
Find more downtown events at dtsf.com/events
Cover photo credit: Heidi Hansen