Beginning at 7:30PM on Friday, November 29, dazzling lighted holiday floats and music will flood historic Phillips Avenue from 13th Street to 5th Street. The 28th Annual Parade of Lights, Presented by First Bank & Trust, theme this year is “At the Movies” in honor of the The Sioux Falls State Theatre opening in 2020. Come to DTSF for the official start to the downtown holiday season!
Parade registration has closed.
All registered floats are eligible for six different awards, judged by a panel of community leaders. Winners will each receive a trophy commemorating their achievement. The six 2019 awards are:
- First Bank & Trust Hometown Pride Award: This award will be given to the float that best represents hometown pride, no matter what community you are from!
- Best Use of Lights: This award is given to the float that shows the most ingenuity and engineering in light usage and special effects for visual appeal.
- Best Workmanship: This award is given to the float that displays outstanding craftsmanship, neatness, attention to detail, overall design and usage of color and materials.
- Spirit of Sioux Falls: This award is for the float exhibiting the most public appeal and charm, most creatively pleasing the crowd.
- Mayor’s Choice: This award is given to the personal favorite of Sioux Falls Mayor.
- Downtown Sioux Falls Award: This award is given to the favorite of the DTSF board of directors.
Join us at the Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre for the Parade of Lights After Party & Awards Ceremony! This free event is open to the public and will feature festive holiday lighting, free cookies and cider, and a cash bar!
For parking, consider trying a ramp for FREE after 5pm: dtsf.com/
Persons requiring special accommodation for participation in this event should call 605-338-4009 during regular business hours at least 48 hours prior to the event. Special needs will be accommodated whenever reasonably possible.