It’s finally spring in downtown Sioux Falls! Enjoy a variety of April First Friday fun and support small businesses. From family activities, art receptions, live music, and food & drink specials there’s something for everybody in DTSF!
Savor the flavors of downtown as you revel in the culinary talents of this year’s featured downtown chefs and restaurants during this season’s Downtown Restaurant Week! During Restaurant Week, customers will get to choose one appetizer, one entree, and the dessert for the $30 price point. Find a full list at Downtown Spring Restaurant Week.
- 25% off Storewide at Young & Richard’s Flowers: Every First Friday any item in the store is 25% off! 9AM – 8PM, 222 South Phillips Avenue
- 605 Running Co hosts the Rich Greeno Memorial on 1st Friday: Come out to see the progress and talk with sculptor Darwin Wolf as he memorializes Coach Rich Greeno. The first 25 visitors get free beer at Woodgrain! 5PM – 7PM, 124 Phillips Avenue.
- ARTSpeaks: An exhibit created by artists with disabilities at Museum of Visual Materials: The LifeScape Center for the Arts is thrilled to host Art Speaks an exhibit of artwork created by artists with disabilities. Pieces of artwork created at Camp Create and jewelry created at Inspirations will be available for sale. Funds raised from the free will offering and sale of Camp Create Art will go towards providing scholarships for the next Camp Create scheduled in August at Joy Ranch. 6PM – 8PM, 500 North Main Avenue.
- High School Artists at Rehfeld’s Art & Framing: Local high school students will showcase their artwork in various mediums. 6PM – 9PM, 210 South Phillips Avenue
- E. A. Zokaites – Featured Artist at Full Circle Book Co-op: Full Circle Book Co-op and Prints & Repeat – Fine Art Printing are excited to present their featured artist of the month for April, E. A. Zokaites – Artist and Writer! Stop down Friday to visit with Elizabeth and see her new work and chat with the artist. 6PM – 9PM, 123 West 10th Street
- Beer & Bard: Fridays at Full Circle: Yo! Show up, pound beers like Falstaff, and cut yer teeth on some OG verse and prose by Billie Shakes. Full Circle Book Co-op is aiming to read all of the canon in chronological order throughout 2019. 5:30PM – 7:30PM, 123 West 10th Street
- Complimentary Wings and Veggies! at Blarney Stone Pub – Sioux Falls: Complimentary Wings and Veggies! Do you like some Wings with your Beer? Join Blarney Stone Pub for FREE Chicken Wings during our Early Happy Hour on Fridays! 3PM – 6PM, 333 South Phillips Avenue
- Daytime: A Soap Opera Musical at Icon Event Hall + Lounge: Following the behind-the-scenes melodrama of a failing 1980s soap opera, this original musical comedy from the composer of David & Lucy will be premiering at the ICON Event Hall. 7:30PM – 9:30PM, 402 North Main Avenue.
- Free admission at Washington Pavilion: Featuring free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center, free admission to the Visual Arts Center, various science activities including Stage Science and fascinating demonstrations with the KSDC Interactors. Discounted Wells Fargo CineDome tickets to education or mission films also available. 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue
- First Friday 1/2 Price Domestic Pitchers at Escape 605 Downtown: Please join Escape 605 for First Friday 1/2 price domestic pitchers! Reserve your lane today at www.Escape605.com or call 271-7717. 3PM – 12AM, 11 West 10th Street
- First Friday – Game of Thrones at Parker’s: Celebrate April’s first Friday with Parker’s… Game of Thrones style! There will be themed beverages and food specials starting at 9 PM and running until 11 PM. Join them for another epic evening that will be one to remember! 9PM – 1PM, 210 South Main Avenue
- First Friday Feature Drink: Come to the Downtown Coffea to try this month’s First Friday Feature Drink! This month’s drink was created by our Roaster, Andrew Fritz and is called the “Good Good”. 7AM – 10PM, 200 South Phillips Avenue.
- Ladies’ Night Out at Downtown Hilton Garden Inn: Bring a friend and enjoy Dinner, Dessert and Refreshments and an introduction to the Furniture Mission. There will be silent auction items for everyone. 5:30PM – 9:00PM, 201 East 8th Street
- Live Music by Chris Pohlson at The Source Roastery + Taproom: Chris Pohlson has been performing his laid back looping style of acoustic guitar for audiences across the US for 15 years. Enjoy wine, beer, or a coffee with The Source Roastery + Taproom at April First Friday! 7PM – 10PM, 421 North Phillips Avenue.
- Lovely – 3 Artists and Their Pretties at Vishnu Bunny Tattoo: April brings three fantastic artists and one powerhouse band to the friendly confines of the Vishnu Bunny/Third Eye Gallery. LOVELY features the ceramic art of Jeff Elofson, the grand paintings of Cait Hicks and the delightful paintings of Kira Snow. 7PM – 11PM, 202 South Phillips Avenue
- Meet the Artists: Watercolor on the Plains & USD Art Faculty: Free admission with new scavenger hunts and prizes available for kids. Plus, the Washington Pavilion have guides on duty to make the art come alive! 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- Motor Corps 25th Annual Raffle at El Riad Shrine: First place takes home $10,000 in their pocket! 6:30PM – 9:30PM, 510 South Phillips Avenue.
- Paul Christian Live this Weekend at Paramount!: Paul Christian spends most of his time on the road touring. With influences like Chris Isaak and Roy Orbison and other Sun Studio artists, Paul Christian set out to write the saddest, prettiest record he could based on real-life experiences. 8PM – 11PM, 307 South Phillips Avenue
- Separation Therapy Launch Party: Join Severance Brewing for the tapping of Separation Therapy! Severance teamed up with Remedy Brewing Company to create a delicious imperial honey saison that clocks in at 9% ABV. Stop by to try it out and get some Severance swag and learn more about the newest brewery opening this summer in downtown Sioux Falls! 7PM – 10PM, 401 East 8th Street Suite 120
- Sioux Falls Municipal Band Exhibit Opening: Playing Music for the People for 100 Years – Come to the Old Courthouse Museum for the opening and a performance by members of the Municipal Band to celebrate 100 years of music for the people. 5PM – 7PM, 200 West 6th Street
- Spa Night for Your Jewelry at Bechtold Jewelry: Bring your favorite piece of jewelry for a Spa Night at Bechtold’s Jewelry. Bechtold Jewelry and Thomas James Jewelers will be sharing their favorite jewelry cleaning techniques. European refreshments and treats will be offered. 4:30PM – 7:30PM, 325 South Phillips Avenue.
- Spring Style Event at Sticks and Steel: Chalet’s spring/summer collection is in, and it’s time to show it off! The gals at Sticks and Steel are styling and wearing their favorite pieces this Friday. Stop in and see these easy silhouettes and beautiful fabrics on real women… and treat yourself! Includes a free glass of wine from R Wine Bar from 3PM – 8PM! 10AM – 8PM, 401 East 8th Street Suite 118.
- The Cookie Jar Eatery Caramel Rolls: Caramel rolls $5.00 off per dozen. MUST PRE-ORDER 48 Hours in advance to receive special pricing! 7:30am – 3PM, 230 South Phillips Avenue Suite 101.
Check back for updated and added events!