Celebrate the Big Sioux River in style at the 6th Annual Downtown Riverfest!
Party on the Big Sioux at Downtown Riverfest, with live music on two stages, kids’ activities, food trucks, cold drinks, retail vendors, canoe rides, live art, and a fireworks finale! Come by foot, bike, canoe or kayak and join the fun on August 18th. Click here for the Riverfest Event Guide.
Great Western Bank main stage entertainment:
- 4:30PM – SPARSE
Sparse’s performance is brought to you in part by the South Dakota Arts Council, whose support is provided with funds from the State of South Dakota, through the Department of Tourism, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- 6:30PM – The Fattenin’ Frogs
- 8:45PM – 35th & Taylor
- 4-8pm Washington Pavilion Kids Area
- 5:00PM Rockin’ Red
- 6:15PM Rockin’ Red
- The Lunch Box – Chicken wraps, burgers, pulled pork sandwich, fruits & chips.
- The Tasty Trolley – Walking tacos, super nachos, hot dogs, & soft-serve ice cream.
- Backyard BBQ – Pulled pork, beef brisket, & smoked chicken.
- Hunny & Bunny – Steak shawarma, chicken shawarma, falafel pita and fries.
- Stone’s Famous Kettle Corn – Kettle corn specialty popcorn flavors, fresh squeezed lemonade, & cotton candy.
- SDSU Ice Cream – SDSU ice cream, shaved ice, cotton candy, Jackrabbit ice cream coffee blenders, & smoothies.
- Snortz BBQ – Pulled Pork, beef brisket, texas tacos, & BBQ nachos.
- Breaking Burrito – Burritos, tacos, & quesadillas.
- Kabob King – Kabob sandwiches, chicken shawarma sandwiches, & beef shawarma sandwiches.
- DL’s Banh Mi – Vietnamese sandwiches, egg rolls, milk tea, & thai tea.
- AARP – Interactive activities & giveaways.
- Avera Health & Hy-Vee – Mobile RV display and giveaways.
- Bath Fitters – Beautiful & affordable bathroom remodeling.
- Washington Pavilion – Games & giveaways.
- Friends of the Big Sioux River – Kayak Raffle.
- Highest Health Chiropractic – Neurologically-based Chiropractic Care
- Ecomaniacs – Raise recycling awareness, keep the city clean, and provide an opportunity for not-for-profit organizations to raise funds.
- First United Methodist Church – A thriving church first established in 1871.
- SiouxperCon – A fan convention that celebrates several mediums: Comicbooks, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Anime, board games, and video gaming.
- Paisley Pod – Mobile boutique selling women’s clothing and accessories.
- Shop Dog Boutique – Premier destination for a variety of quality pet products.
- Plant Gals – Grow and pot air plants in hand-crafted planters made of logs and clay.
- Sanford Health Foundation – Prizes, games, and information about Cure Kids Cancer.
- Fairchild Lamb & Wool – Homemade soaps & cutting boards
Take a canoe ride with the South Dakota Canoe & Kayak Association from 5:00p.m. until 8:00 p.m. just north of the main stage amphitheater.
Walk, run, bike, canoe or kayak to this event located on the city of Sioux Falls bike trail at the Downtown River Greenway! Find downtown city parking here.
Consider the following lots, which are available for event parking:
- North Cherapa Place (No Event Parking in South Cherapa Place) 300 North Cherapa Place
- Lutheran Social Services 300 East 6th Street – After 6pm
- 8th & Railroad Center 401 East 8th Street
- Lumber Exchange (CNA) Building Lot & Ramp 101 South Reid Street
- Commerce Center 200 North Phillips Avenue
Bicycle parking will be available at the venue in the North Cherapa Place parking lot, courtesy of Falls Area Bicyclists.
Persons requiring special accommodation for participation in Downtown Riverfest should call 605-338-4009 during regular business hours at least 48 hours prior to the event. Special needs will be accommodated whenever reasonably possible.