We will soon bid farewell to another month and you know what that means… Another First Friday in downtown Sioux Falls! March First Friday is full of events, activities, and specials. Bundle up and come enjoy this month’s art receptions, anniversary parties, live music, and food & drink specials.
It’s another fierce competition coming back this March, and we’re not talking about basketball. Get ready for the 3rd Annual Mash Madness! Taste and vote for your favorite local beers, with the frosty competition kicking off this March First Friday and continuing through March 18.
- Beer & Bard: Fridays at Full Circle at Full Circle Book Co-op: Yo! Show up, pound beers like Falstaff, and cut yer teeth on some OG verse and prose by Billie Shakes. Full Circle Book Co-op is aiming to read all of the canon in chronological order throughout 2019. 5:30PM – 7:30PM, 123 West 10th Street.
- Cabin Fever- An Artistic Thaw at Vishnu Bunny Tattoo: Third Eye Gallery returns featuring the works of Jenn Kruger and Sarah Langenfeld. With live music from The Donnybrook Brawlers and all ages welcome. 7PM – 11PM, 202 Phillips Avenue.
- Chelsea’s 10 Year Anniversary Party! at Chelsea’s Boutique: March 1st marks 10 YEARS IN BUSINESS for Chelsea’s Boutique! Woo Woo! To celebrate, we’re throwing a party (with many, many giveaways!) Including BOGO 30% off the ENTIRE store, CUPCAKES (oh yeah!), Margaritas and more! 10AM – 8PM, 220 Phillips Avenue.
- Commander Tim Kopra Community Event at Washington Pavilion: The Vision Foundation, along with Vance Thompson Vision is pleased to invite you to a special presentation by Commander Tim Kopra. Kopra is a retired US Army Colonel and NASA astronaut. Come hear Commander Kopra talk about team dynamics in stressful situations and how to lead with integrity. This event is free of charge. 5PM – 6PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- Complimentary Wings and Veggies! at Blarney Stone Pub – Sioux Falls: Complimentary Wings and Veggies! Do you like some Wings with your Beer? Join Blarney Stone Pub for FREE Chicken Wings during our Early Happy Hour on Fridays! 3PM – 6PM, 333 South Phillips Avenue.
- Dan Mahar at Fernson on 8th: Local legend Dan Mahar returns to the Fernson on 8th stage for two nights of live music! Join us on March 1 & 2 to hear Dan. 7PM – 10PM, 201 North Weber Avenue.
- Form & Color : March First Friday Exhibit at Rehfeld’s Art & Framing: Phillip Michael Hook, Brad Kringen, and Regina William Brunz come together in a celebration of vivid hues and mesmerizing patterns for our March’s First Friday exhibition, showing new work in various mediums. There will be refreshments, meet the artists and take in the Form & Color of their beautiful work. 6PM – 9PM, 210 South Phillips Avenue.
- Free admission at Washington Pavilion: Featuring free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center, free admission to the Visual Arts Center, various science activities including Stage Science and fascinating demonstrations with the KSDC Interactors. Discounted Wells Fargo CineDome tickets to education or mission films also available. 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- First Friday 1/2 Price Domestic Pitchers at Escape 605 Downtown: Please join Escape 605 for First Friday 1/2 price domestic pitchers! Reserve your lane today at www.Escape605.com or call 271-7717. 3PM – 12AM, 11 West 10th Street.
- First Friday | Travis Howe & Kmoe at Wiley’s Tavern: PINshows is back at Wiley’s Tavern for another wild #FirstFriday Party This month isOmaha dance floor rocker DJ Travis Howe. 9PM – 1:45PM, 330 North Main Avenue.
- Joseph Ribkoff Trunk Show at JuLiana’s Boutique La Femme: The boutique will be showcasing our new spring/summer arrivals along with some special pieces that will be available on this day only! This will be an exclusive event and a great way to get ready for spring! 11AM – 7PM, 196 East 6th Street.
- LIVE MUSIC: Six Feet Over at The Source Roastery + Taproom: Six Feet Over features Matt Hastad on guitar/vocals and Mike Sorenson on keys/vocals. Bring a friend (or five) because these two tall dudes will have you singing along! 7PM – 10PM, 421 North Phillips Avenue, Suite 101.
- Live Music with Tom Watson at Paramount Cocktails & Food: Enjoy Live music, great cocktails and food! 8PM – 11PM, 307 South Phillips Avenue.
- March First Friday at EmBe: It’s First Friday time again! This month EmBe is celebrating Women’s History Month by providing a variety of self-care activities all led by women who’ve participated in EmBe’s Women’s Leadership Program! Visit the event page for a full list of the activities (Wine Tasting requires a ticket). 6PM – 8PM, 300 West 11th Street.
- Meet the Artist: Angelica Mercado at Washington Pavilion: Free admission with new scavenger hunts and prizes available for kids. Plus, there’s guides on duty to make the art come alive! 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- Semi-Annual Clearance Sale at Sticks and Steel: Take 20% off artful goods you can’t find anywhere else! Sale includes everything*—jewelry, clothing, home decor, gifts, and more! Yes, the sale also includes CUSTOM Sticks furniture, Todd Reed Jewelry, ANY special order placed during the sale. 10AM – 8PM, 401 East 8th Street.
- The Benny Weinbeck Trio at Sioux Falls Orpheum Theater Center: As a successful producer and performer, Benny and his trio has created several albums of original compositions and jazz standards. Benny’s travels around the globe have taken him on many adventures as well as unforgettable musical experiences. 8PM – 10PM, 315 North Phillips Avenue.
- The Boss Is Away Pop-Up Sale! at Simply Perfect Fashion: You’ve never seen discounts like this before! This sale is exclusively on fashion merchandise which you can shop in the pop-up sales room that weekend only. Grab the styles and brands you love at a deep discount just in time for spring! 10AM – 8PM, 401 East 8th Street.
- The Cookie Jar Eatery Caramel Rolls: Caramel rolls $5.00 off per dozen. MUST PRE-ORDER 48 Hours in advance to receive special pricing! 7:30am – 3PM, 230 South Phillips Avenue #101.
Check back for updated and added events!