Kick off the holidays on December First Friday with deals, specials, and unique events! From art receptions, live music, retails deals, and food & drinks specials, there’s something for everybody.
The holiday season is in full swing in DTSF so make holiday memories with some favorite traditions. View beautiful lights at the Falls Park Winter Wonderland Light Display or come to downtown for free Santa Visits every Saturday!
Give the gift of downtown and support local businesses with the Downtown Sioux Falls Gift Card! Let your family, friends, co-workers, employees or that difficult person on list discover over 50 dining, drinking and shopping options. dtsf.com/giftcard/
- 25% off Storewide at Young & Richard’s Flowers: Every First Friday any item in the store is 25% off! 9AM – 8PM, 222 South Phillips Avenue.
- Complimentary Wings and Veggies! at Blarney Stone Pub – Sioux Falls: Do you like some Wings with your Beer? Join Blarney Stone Pub for FREE Chicken Wings during our Early Happy Hour on Fridays! 3PM – 6PM, 333 South Phillips Avenue.
- Free First Friday at Washington Pavilion: Featuring free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center, free admission to the Visual Arts Center, various science activities including Stage Science and fascinating demonstrations with the KSDC Interactors. Discounted Wells Fargo CineDome tickets to education or mission films also available. 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- First Friday 1/2 Price Domestic Pitchers at Escape 605 Downtown: Please join Escape 605 for First Friday 1/2 price domestic pitchers! Reserve your lane today at www.Escape605.com or call 271-7717. 3PM – 12AM, 11 West 10th Street.
- The Cookie Jar Eatery Caramel Rolls: Caramel rolls $5.00 off per dozen. MUST PRE-ORDER 48 Hours in advance to receive special pricing! 7:30AM – 3PM, 230 South Phillips Avenue #101.
- December First Friday: 8×8 for $88 Show: Come for Rehfeld’s Art & Framing annual open house and art show with light refreshments and holiday treats. Celebrate community, the arts, and all the joy the holidays bring! 6PM – 9PM, 210 South Phillips Ave.
- First Friday Feature Drink: Come to the Downtown Coffea to try the December First Friday feature drink, 5 O’clock Somewhere! This month’s drink was created by Barista Charlie Mogen! This mulled wine will be sure to raise your spirits and temperature! Coffea Roasterie 8:30AM – 10PM.
- Holiday Art Market: Pop in to the Sioux Falls Arts Council two day pop-up holiday art market! 5PM – 8PM, 326 East 8th Street.
- Naughty Naughty: An Affordable Holiday Artmart and Happening at Vishnu Bunny Tattoo: Yes, it’s that time of year again. Naughty Naughty continues the tradition of affordable art designed to give the gift of local radness. All works are $100 or way less. They’ll be spinning records, drinking beer, eating hot dogs and enjoying the season of love filled magic. 7PM – 11PM, 202 South Phillips Avenue.
- Disney’s Frozen Jr. at Washington Pavilion: The Dakota Academy of Performing Arts presents: Disney’s FROZEN JR. 7PM – 9PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- Tonic Sol-fa “The Nights Before Christmas Tour” at Washington Pavilion: This Christmas, the Emmy Award®-Winning a cappella quartet brings a brand new holiday show to life. Enjoy the humor and soulful vocals that make this a holiday tradition for so many!
7:30PM – 9PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- Happy Hour! at Wine Time on Main: Happy Hour continues to be a very popular event! Come each afternoon Monday – Friday for significant discounts on drinks by the glass or bottle! 20% off wine by the glass and 30% off bottles. Live Music with Elisabeth Hunstad at Wine Time on Main. 3PM – 6PM, 330 South Main Avenue)
- Handel’s Messiah at First Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls: Experience Handel’s transcendent Messiah with the SDSO at First Lutheran Church in Sioux Falls. The most famous of Handel’s oratorios, Messiah is a meditation on the life of Jesus Christ, and a beautiful way to usher in the holiday season. 7PM – 9:30PM, 327 South Dakota Avenue.
- “Dakota Guitar Duo” at Jones421: Augie professors, Craig Spencer and Gary Pederson, Dakota Guitar Duo, will be playing classical, folk, and Latin music on First Friday in December at Jones421. Come hear this talented duo while enjoying food, drink, and shopping at 9 businesses, all under one roof! Rumor has it there will be some fun pop up shops, too! 5PM – 7:30PM, 421 North Phillips Avenue.
- Six Feet Over Friday & Saturday Night at Paramount Cocktails & Food: Six Feet Over features Matt Hastad on guitar/vocals and Mike Sorenson on keys/vocals. Matt and Mike draw from a variety of musical genres. 8PM – 11PM, 307 South Phillips Avenue.
- The Hegg Brothers at the Old Courthouse Museum Winter Concerts: The Hegg Brothers will perform at the Old Courthouse Museum Winter Concert Series. Bring your lunch or buy it from the Roll’n Pin Café & Grille + Catering. Admission is free!
- Holiday Open House: Fleece Navidad at Great Outdoor Store: Spread holiday cheer and sip some wine, eat some snacks and enjoy a discount on everything FLEECE! 4PM – 8PM, 201 East 10th Street.
- Dance Gallery of SD Nutcracker at Sioux Falls Orpheum Theater Center: Come to this great show for the entire family, choose to celebrate the Christmas season with the local theatre for their biennial production of the Nutcracker. 7PM – 9PM, 315 North Phillips Avenue.
- First Friday: Live Music & Art Gallery Exhibit at R Wine Bar: Live music featuring Green & Snow! Also, Carl Allen will be exhibiting his art, 80-8 Industries, in the art gallery down the hall from the wine bar with live art around 10 pm! 6PM – 9PM, 322 East 8th Street.
Check back for updated and added events!