This First Friday has a lot in store for you! Enjoy live music, performances, art receptions, and food & drink specials. You won’t want to miss February First Friday!
Sioux Falls Winter Carnival kicks off on February First Friday in Shriver Square with live music from 11:00am – 1:00pm! The Sioux Falls Winter Carnival celebrates with nine days jam packed with events for all ages. From snow sculpting and pub crawls to Snowga and ice skating, we’re taking winter to the next level.
It’s not only February First Friday, it’s National Wear Red Day to kick off Heart Month! Help the American Heart Association raise awareness about cardiovascular disease and wear red on February 1, 2019. Post photos on First Friday to your social media accounts showing how you’re supporting heart health by wearing red and use #SoDakGoRed #WearRedDay!
- Art Reception for Laura Jewell at the Washington Pavilion for Solo Exhibition “This Land” at Washington Pavilion: The series of watercolor paintings are inspired by the state parks and recreation areas of South Dakota. Come see the 50+ paintings and see if you can spot your favorite state park amongst the artworks in the Jerstad gallery! 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- Bechtold’s Winter Warmer: Stop by and warm up with hot spiced beer and chocolate fondue while checking out the cities best selection of ice, diamonds that is! Enjoy a warm treat and learn about their custom jewelry options just in time for Valentine’s Day. 4PM – 8PM, 325 South Phillips Avenue.
- Dakota Landscapes Art Reception at Rehfeld’s Art & Framing: This is our home. Let us celebrate the work of three artists who encapsulate the magic and beauty of the Dakota landscape. You can meet the artists on February 1st and the work will be featured throughout the month. 6PM – 9PM, 210 South Phillips Avenue.
- Cereal Drive for Feeding South Dakota: Donate a box of cereal to Feeding South Dakota! Bring your donations to Shriver Square first floor. 7AM-7PM, 230 South Phillips Avenue.
- Complimentary Wings and Veggies! at Blarney Stone Pub – Sioux Falls: Do you like some Wings with your Beer? Join Blarney Stone for FREE Chicken Wings during their Early Happy Hour on Fridays! 3PM – 6PM, 333 South Phillips Avenue.
- First Friday – Winter Carnival at Parker’s: Enjoy fondue, playing board games, having an ugly sweater “contest”, and having themed food and drink! Also on Friday, The Boys and Girls club Sioux Falls Winter Fest kicks off. For every beer, wine and cocktail sold, Parker’s will donate $1 to the Boys and Girls Club to kick off their Winterfest Benefit! 8PM-11PM, 210 Main Avenue.
- First Friday 1/2 Price Domestic Pitchers at Escape 605 Downtown: Please join Escape 605 for First Friday 1/2 price domestic pitchers! Reserve your lane today at Escape605.com or call 271-7717. 3PM – 12AM, 11 West 10th Street.
- February First Friday at EmBe: Swing by Embe for family fun on First Friday! Come for the Dive-In Movie, Miniature Gold, Family Yoga. 6PM – 8PM, 300 West 11th Street.
- Free admission at Washington Pavilion: Featuring free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center, free admission to the Visual Arts Center, various science activities including Stage Science and fascinating demonstrations with the KSDC Interactors. Discounted Wells Fargo CineDome tickets to education or mission films also available. 5PM – 8PM, 301 South Main Avenue.
- First Friday Feature Drink! at Coffea Roasterie: Created by the Downtown Barista, Charlie, this month’s drink is a shaken espresso & lime drink, sweetened with a honey syrup and garnished with a sage leaf. 7AM – 10AM, 200 South Phillips Avenue.
- First Friday February 2019 featuring Elisabeth Hunstad at R Wine Bar: Get your live music fix and great wine this First Friday. 7PM – 10PM, 322 East 8th Street.
- Groundhog Eve at El Riad Shrine: Come for fun and live music featuring Brandon Sprague. 7PM – 1AM, 510 South Phillips Avenue.
- GSO/GJazz Midwest Tour: Sioux Falls, SD at First Congregational United Church of Christ, Sioux Falls, SD: Join the Gustavus Symphony Orchestra and the Gustavus Jazz Ensemble for an evening of old favorites and new hits! This concert is free of admission and open to the public. 7PM – 9PM, 300 South Minnesota Avenue.
- Murder Mystery at the Pettigrew Home & Museum: Roger Benjamin, the Chairman of the Board for STAG Corp, has been murdered. We need you to step into the role of a private gumshoe and try to identify the killer. Tour through the home and listen to each suspect give their statement. Then participants will have an opportunity to question the detective and discuss their theory of the crime. Finally, the detective will reveal the true story. Tickets are $10. 6PM – 9PM, 131 North Duluth Avenue.
- Skin of Our Teeth + International Cover-Up – Dual Release Show at Icon Event Hall + Lounge: Enjoy Skin Of Our Teeth and International Cover-Up to celebrate their album release shows. Tickets are $10. 7PM – 10:30PM, 402 North Main Avenue.
- The Cookie Jar Eatery Caramel Rolls: Caramel rolls $5.00 off per dozen. MUST PRE-ORDER 48 Hours in advance to receive special pricing! 7:30am – 3PM, 230 South Phillips Avenue #101.
Check back for updated and added events!