Summer is in full swing and so are First Fridays in downtown Sioux Falls! Enjoy deals, specials and events only on the first Friday of each month. You won’t want to miss out on the variety of art receptions, live music, food & drink specials, signature events, and more only available in this amazing community!
Happy July First Friday! Check out the special deals and events taking place:
- ART IN THE LOT at DaDa Gastropub || 6-8pm: DaDa Gastropub invites local artists to showcase and sell their artwork in our front private parking lot this summer!
FOOD & DRINK
- Blarney Stone Pub: Happy Hours 3:00pm-6:00pm; 9:00pm till Close: $1.00 OFF drafts, bar pours, and house wine; discounted appetizers. ClawRita Friday: 5:00pm-12:00am: Tequila, Triple Sec & Sweet & Sour. Garnished with a can of Red Bull. Choose from a variety of flavors – $5.50
- Rough Cut Social First Friday 1/2 Price Pitchers: Every First Friday, Rough Cut Social (formerly downtown Escape 605) offers 1/2 off domestic pitchers! They also have live axe throwing lanes.
- Hunny & Bunny Food Truck at Severance Brewing || 5-8pm: It’s First Friday in Downtown Sioux Falls! Enjoy delicious food by Hunny & Bunny!
- Free admission at Washington Pavilion 5 – 8pm: Featuring free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center, free admission to the Visual Arts Center, various science activities and fascinating demonstrations with science center interactors. Discounted tickets to educational films in the Wells Fargo CineDome also available.
- The Karate Kid || 50% off Movie Tickets at the State Theatre || 7pm: In honor of their 50th year, Lloyd Companies is covering half the cost of every movie ticket and giving all attendees a free small popcorn to enjoy with the movie on First Fridays each month from May through August.
- Janice Gilbert at the Old Courthouse Museum Summer Concert Series || Noon-1pm: Singer Songwriter Janice Gilbert will perform in the plaza behind the Old Courthouse Museum from noon to 1 p.m. Bring your lunch and enjoy the show! Admission is free.
- Innoskate Skatedeck Art Show || 5-8pm: 70+ local artists designed, painted, printed, epoxied, and drew on skate decks. Let’s celebrate that. Artist reception is from 5-8pm both upstairs in the Rehfeld’s gallery and downstairs in The Underground–the first show in this new space!
This First Friday event is in collaboration with the Innoskate festival, which is the following weekend from July 7-9th.
- TEN- A Celebration of Ten Years on Phillips Avenue at Vishnu Bunny || 7-11pm: What a long strange trip it’s been….ten years ago in June, we opened our doors to Phillips Avenue…some said it couldn’t be done, that we would fail…yet…here we stand. To celebrate this milestone of radness, we bring you TEN: A Celebration of Ten Years on Phillips Avenue. We’re featuring ten artists that have been of part of our strange trip and their fantastic works, having two First Friday events, DJs, food and love filled magic.
Live Art Party – Semi Finals || 8-1pm: At the Full Circle Book Co-op we love art, artists, and parties, so we are combining them all for a run of shows! 2 artists, 2 blank canvases, 30 minutes to fill the canvas, Q + A with each artist, and a DJ to carry the tunes!
- Wileys at Night DJs: Cheers to the freakin’ weekend — Come through with your crew every Friday for the best nightlife atmosphere in town. Our resident DJs deliver the freshest music to keep the dance floor bumpin’ + our LED video wall and Vegas-style light-show produces the premiere nightlife experience for Sioux Falls. $12 Fishbowl / Pitcher Specials. Friday’s Resident DJs Include: PROBS NOT & STACCATO
- Levitt at the Falls || Danielle Nicole || 6:30-9:30pm: Nicole’s voice draws comparisons to artists such as Susan Tedeschi, Bonnie Raitt and Etta James, but Nicole’s show, style and tone are all her own and can only be experienced.
More information coming soon. Please check back!