What is it?
Park(ing) Day is an annual worldwide event. Dreamed up by San Francisco art group Rebar, the movement turns metered parking spots into temporary public parks. From green spaces to golf courses, it’s a day and space in which to get creative.
Vibrancy. It’s what makes downtown such a unique destination and what helps draw customers to downtown businesses. How would you like to add a little more vibrancy in front of your business? Park(ing) Day is your perfect opportunity.
Any street in downtown with parallel parking spaces.
Who should participate?
Six businesses that want to creatively program space in front of their business.
- DTSF will coordinate and promote Park(ing) Day.
- The Sioux Falls Design Center has platforms available to stage the parklets.
- Include seating and greenery—real or artificial.
- Bonus points for fun programing, like games.
- Opportunity to expand business operations to the streetscape for a day!
- Check out the Park(ing) Day Manual for more specifics.
Interested in participating or would like additional information? Email DTSF Program Director Steven Dahlmeier at email@example.com